Anxiety is often misunderstood.
It seems like “I have anxiety” has become a common expression.
Those who experience is at high levels know that anxiety is more than a mere momentary emotion. Anxiety can be dreadful and all consuming.
No matter how intense the anxiety may feel, we will come to a place where we will expose deep seeded fears and trauma. Counseling addresses how to deal with each one, reducing the effects of crippling stress.
What do I look for when someone says they might have issues with anxiety?
- Racing thoughts
- Constantly focusing on details
- Difficulty with memory and decision making
- Sense of impending doom
- Sense of pressure to provide/perform
- Fear of losing what is meaningful to you
- Avoiding delegating tasks to stay in control
- Often reviewing conversations or situations while second guessing yourself
- Overachieving to feel good enough or lovable
- Resenting yourself for not letting go
- Believing people don’t see your good intentions
How can counseling for anxiety help?
- Skills to change thoughts when needed
- Create clarity on what’s important
- Improving short and long term memory
- Develop courage
- Belief in ability to overcome challenges
- Radical acceptance of what is
- Execute self discipline based on own goals
- Accepting compliments well
- Acknowledging your worth, talents and gifts
- Develop healthy relationships
- Establish self compassion and acceptance
Stress is a wanting to be there, when you are stuck here, doing the same thing, getting the same outcome without a real plan in sight. I help to create those plans
Options are in person and online counseling.
If you are experiencing more anxiety than ever before then request a session using the form to the right and begin working towards relief that wasn’t possible on our own.